April 1, 2013

April Resolutions

April Resolutions
(All resolutions are random and not targeting any specific person, or group of persons. Any resemblance to the tenkara practices of real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.)

My apologies to  Bill Watterson


As a new resolution, I hereby promise to:

1) Fish only true tenkara rods and sell those in my collection that are not.

2) Use only one type of fly --  a classic kebari tied with only thread and one hackle feather.

3) Keep my one type of fly in a simple box made only of bamboo.

4) Fish only mountains streams; high gradient with pocket water.

5) Buy Rosetta Stone and begin to learn Japanese.

6) Learn to love Sushi and Sake.

7) Make a pilgrimage to Japan.

8) Never use a rod with a reel ever again.

9) Write nasty notes denouncing those "so-called" tenkara fishers who don't do all of the above.

10) Vote for a Tea Party candidate.

OK, you have probably figured out what day it is --- April 1st.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


BTW, if you do, or plan on doing, any of the above resolutions, that's fantastic (except the "nasty notes" one)! I'm just not sure I will be included into your club. I love my keiryu and seiryu rods, C&F boxes, dry flies, dropper flies, beadheads, streamers, warm water species, trout over 16 inches, spring creeks, and lakes too much to give them up. Yeah, I know, I'm weak.

Have a great April Fool's Day and make tenkara whatever you want it to be.


2 comments: