October 14, 2017

One more trip...before the storm

I've heard that autumn has not yet come to a large part of the country. But it has in my neck of the woods. The tree colors have come and (almost) gone. We've had our first dusting of snow and the temperatures have dropped significantly.

Yesterday, after getting some last minute yard work done, I hit one of my local creeks for some pre-storm fishing. It had been forecast that we "might" get some snow overnight, and I wanted to fish before I had to change to winter mode.



The creek I fished is small and very tight. Last winter wreaked havoc on the creek, as the heavy snows from the winter of 2016-17 brought down a lot of trees. Many of my favorite pockets and pools were not fishable, due to lots of snags in and out of the water.





Still, I was able to find some reaches that were open enough to cast and catch a few fish. Here are a few of those fish and their lies.



***





***





***





***





***





***








I'm glad I went fishing yesterday, as this is what I woke up to this morning!  A good solid 4 inches on the deck railing. Winter has begun!










2 comments:

  1. Being in NM our trout fishing is pretty much year round. We lived in Hayden ID for just one winter and were too much of wimps to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures Tom. I am hoping to get in another couple of weeks fishing, but some snow is predicted on at least one day next week. D

    ReplyDelete